JAVA Technical Team Lead
In this role
Migrating a legacy console application written in Ingres 4GL language to java web application with Spring Boot backend and Angular frontend. The new application has to support both Ingres database and Oracle database. The migration activity is reading the legacy source code and rewrite its logic in the new languages. Hibernate is used in this project for the persistent layer but there is an in-house framework built on top of it thus learning and understanding the in-house framework is more important. The project uses an in-house tool to generate source code from a domain-specific language.
Your Mission As a JAVA Technical Team Lead you will
- Analyze legacy code in order to support the team in understanding difficult logic, to estimate development effort, to decide/clarify with Swiss team the appropriate way to migrate the logic.
- Manage a team of developers
- Support the team in using in-house frameworks correctly and ensure it by doing code review.
- Develop frameworks, code base.
- Collaborate with Swiss architects to troubleshoot and resolve framework issues
- Maintain and resolve project environment issues: the legacy environment on Linux virtual machine, Jenkins, OpenShift.
What we offer
Established in Vietnam since 1998 we guarantee:
- A dynamic work environment with young and motivated teams
- Attractive prospects for career and personal development through training and coaching
- Very attractive remuneration package
- Ample opportunities to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a broad range of exciting projects, customers and technologies
- A flat hierarchy and a culture of collaboration across all disciplines
- The change to make a difference in people’s life by building great software
- Modern workplace
- Travel opportunities to Switzerland
About your profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Proficient communication skills in English.
- About 8-9 years of experience in java web application development
- Hands-on with coding
- Excellent in analytical skill
- Willing to deep dive into source code of non-well-known programming languages, frameworks, tools
- Has experience with Spring Boot, Hibernate, Angular and continuous integration environment.
- Experience in leading a small team of developers is a plus